As promised before, I’ve got another rhubarb recipe for you. I wanted to do something with the rhubarb that wasn’t as involved as the crumble I made before, but was equally delicious and let the rhubarb shine. So, braised rhubarb it was. This one is a much simpler take on a baked rhubarb dish. And, while I would eat it for dessert, you could also get away with having this for breakfast too.
This is mainly a dump, mix and bake situation and while I went with cardamom, vanilla and clementine as the additional flavors here, you could certainly keep it plain or add in whatever other spices you want. If you come up with any other flavor combos you like let me know about it in the comments below!
while I would eat it for dessert, you could also get away with having this for breakfast too.
- 2 stalks rhubarb
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 clementine zest and juice
- 1 c yogurt
- 1/4 c pistachios
- Preheat over to 375° F.
- Slice rhubarb into 3” pieces. Add to your baking dish and toss with sugar, vanilla, cardamom, zest and juice.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until rhubarb is just tender. This is good served warm or cold, but be sure to let it cool for at least 10 mins and ’cause that liquid is boiling hot.
- Add a generous scoop of yogurt to your plate, top with rhubarb, some of the braising liquid and sprinkle with toasted, chopped pistachios. Eat up!