We all know I like pizza around here. This has been my summer of pizza. So, since I had lots of marinated artichokes that were begging to be eaten, why not use them as a topping? (More on those marinated artichokes here if you missed last week). The other toppings were mostly a clean-out-the-fridge situation that couldn’t have been better. A few slices of prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, fresh ricotta and plenty of Locatelli. Oh and a decent drizzle of the oil those artichokes were marinated in.
I would also like to note that you can certainly use some pre-made, marinated artichokes for this. In all honestly, I don’t think I would go through the whole process of making marinated artichokes just to use as a topping for this. Get a good jar, or some fresh from your deli counter and use those to top up your pie.
The dough for this pizza is my standard pan pizza dough. I’ve done a few versions here and here. I included it again for you down below. I’m really pushing this pizza dough, but only cause it’s very good and you deserve the best. Ok, now let’s make a pie…Jump to Recipe
We all know I like pizza around here. This has been my summer of pizza.
- 1 quarter sheet tray 9×13” or 10×15” both work
- 1 pan pizza dough link in notes below
- 10 marinated artichokes however many you want plus some of the oil they come in
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 c fresh ricotta
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 c grated Locatelli divided
- Once your dough is on its final rise and your oven is fully preheated as hot as it will go, you can get to topping that pizza. Scatter your mozzarella and dollops of ricotta. Then roughly tear the prosciutto and scatter on top. It will shrink as it cooks. Then those artichokes, a good drizzle of the oil they were stored in and half of your Locatelli. Just shower it on top.
- Bake the pizza for 12-16 minutes. This will depend on your oven temp. If you have an oven that goes to 500°F you will bake it closer to the 16 min mark. After those initial 12-16 minutes, set the oven to broil and let that pizza get bubbly and crisp on top. It usually takes 3 or 4 mins. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.
- Before serving sprinkle over the remaining Locatelli. And more oil if you want. I did. Then dig it!